As you would probably know, all types of computer printers are equipped with a print queue. Print queue is one of the most important computer printer features that serve the crucial purpose of queuing documents for printing. However, in some cases, the print queue of your computer printer may get stuck or jammed.
When this happens, users will not be able to print any documents from the device. Moreover, some users may also experience print spooler error and other issues.
Computer users who are experiencing this printer error will probably try to manually delete the documents from the print queue. However, in some cases, the Cancel option in their device might not seem to work. If you are stuck in such a difficult scenario, then it is best to try a few troubleshooting methods that might help you to solve the printer queue will not clear error and printer spooler error.
Clear the Print Queue
- Ensure that your printer is off. If not, turn your computer printer off before proceeding to the next troubleshooting step.
- Press the Windows key in your keyboard and then type in ‘services’ in the search box. Scroll down through the list of options until you see the Services option and then click on it.
- Locate the Print Spooler option from the results and double click on it. This will open the Printer Spooler Properties dialog box on your computer screen.
- Click on the Stop button to disable the printer spooler from your device. Close all the open windows and restart your computer.
- When your PC reboots, open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS. Press on the X button to delete the files from the folder.
- Go to the Printer Spooler Properties window once again and click on the Start button in the window to turn the printer spooler on.
In most cases, simply clearing the print queue of computer printers allows users to fix the annoying printer queue will not clear error.
However, if you are still unable to fix the issue or if you are experiencing printer spooler error, you should consider getting in touch with printer support technicians for help. In fact, contacting experts is the best bet if your print spooler keeps stopping.