Gone are the days when you had to struggle with cables to connect your personal computer to the printer. Now that wireless printers are out on the market, you don’t have to deal with infinite strangled loops.
Not just from computers, you can even get a hard copy of documents on your mobile devices using a suitable printer. Yeah, that means printing from your Samsung tablet is not a tough row to hoe. So, let’s have a look at how it’s done.
Take Printouts from Your Samsung Tablet
First, you will see the direct methods for how to print from Samsung tablet, in which only your tablet and the printer are involved. In case none of them does the magic for you, have a look at the last few ways. Specially, check out the last method if you are using one of the best printer for heavy cardstock.
How to Print from Samsung Tablet
To print from Samsung tablet, you can follow the steps given below.
- Open Settings on your Samsung tablet. As you know, it will show you a number of different options, of which what you should go with is More connection settings.
- From the next screen, select Printing and then Download plugin from the print services section.
- When you reach this step, you will see the name of a few printer manufacturers. Next is as easy as going with yours. In case you fail to see the OEM, you can just opt for Samsung Galaxy Print Service Plugin.
- Hit install and proceed with the instructions given on the screen. Once the installation finishes, make sure you activate the plugin.
- Whenever you want to print something with the help of these best micr printers, open the file and go with the usual printing procedure.
Use Google Cloud Print
Don’t want to go with the first method of how to print from samsung tablet? Well, this one is not going to disappoint you just like our other guide on how you can add printer to mac.
- First, you are going to add the printer to Google Cloud Print. For this initial step, you need a computer. Open Google Chrome.
- Now, click the Customise and control button on the browser (which is the three-dots on the top-right corner of the window). Follow Settings>> Advanced.
- Scroll down a bit so that you can see the Printing section. Select Google Cloud Print.
- On the next printing screen, you have to go with Manage Cloud Print devices. In case you are not signed into the Google account, the browser will ask you to do so.
- Choosing Add printers will fetch you a list. Don’t forget to tick the checkboxes of all the printers, for which you want Google Cloud Print turned on. As an added bonus, you can enable the last checkbox that will automatically add this capability to new printers.
- So, the printing job is half done. How are you going to print? Well, there are multiple ways. Still for an Android user, the ideal way is installing the Cloud Print mobile application.
- Upon tapping Print on the app, you get the chance to upload files. Choose the file and suitable cloud printer. And there you have it!
- What if you are looking to print a webpage! Let’s say you are browsing from Chrome. Tap the three-dots button>> Share. You will see a Print option with a Chrome icon there. Just select the printer. That’s it.
Print via Email
Guess what? Manufacturers give printers unique email addresses. Yeah, almost all the modern day wide format printers have one. However, the printing setting up process varies from OEM to OEM and maybe, model to model. So, you have to check the instruction manual first. Once you finish with the initial setup, all that’s left for you to do is emailing the file you have to print.
Connect to a Bluetooth Printer
Not everybody owns a printer with Wi-Fi. You know what? Wi-Fi isn’t the only wireless printing connectivity option available out there. Maybe, you do have a printer with Bluetooth like in these printers for teachers. That’s enough!
- On your tablet, swipe from the top of the home screen to see the Bluetooth button. Press and hold the same to get you to the settings.
- Turn it on. You may see an option to make the device discoverable (or visible). Don’t forget to enable that.
- Now go to your printer and bring it to the Bluetooth pairing mode. If you have no idea what you should do, refer to the instruction manual. Or else, you can Google with the model number of the device.
- Open Bluetooth settings again on the tablet and you can now see the model number of your printer there. For pairing, you need to tap it. Strangely enough, you may not see the printer. If that’s the case, go with Search for new devices to restart the search.
- Whenever you have to print a file, open the Share menu. And then, choose Bluetooth.
- From the list of devices that pops up, opt for your printer. There you go! You will see your printer soon in action.
Connect using a USB Cable
Don’t bang your head on the wall just because your printer lacks wireless functionality. Even if you do have the feature, you can go with this method in emergency situations. A USB connector is mandatory here. Moreover, an OTG cable is essential to attach the Samsung Galaxy tab to the cable.
So, establish the connection in the order Tablet>> OTG>> USB Cable>> Printer. There you go. Now, follow the regular steps to print from an Android device (open the file>> options>> print>> selecting the printer>> hit Print).
Check for Memory Card Slots
You are still here, right? That means none of the methods listed above worked with your best 3d printer for making miniatures. Don’t worry. We still got a couple to relieve you from this headache.
Chances are your best printer for sticker paper has a memory card slot. Yeah, we are not kidding! To put things into perspective, Canon TS9120 and Epson XP-830 are two examples. What does it mean? Well, you can transfer the file you have to print to an SD card. The rest is obvious, isn’t it? Put the card into the printer’s slot.
The process is different for each model. It is apparent that you must select the SD card as the source to get on with the printing.
N.B.- An SDHC adapter comes in handy if you have only micro SD cards.
Transfer Data from Tablet to PC
Do you have an old printer? So old that it features no Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or SD card slots?? That’s when you need to take the hard step. Not hard actually, it is the ancient method. Take the tablet and establish a connection with your computer (using a USB cable as usual). Then, transfer the file you want to print to the PC.
You don’t need any guidance to print from your personal computer, do you?
So, there you have it! You just got more than half a dozen methods on how to print from Samsung tablet. Was it tough? Of course not! It was so easy that even a non-geeky person can do it the second time without any help. However, if you think you are still in chaos, don’t forget to drop a comment. We will get to you as soon as we can. In the mean time, do check out this guide on how to Connect HP Printer To Wifi