Adding a new printer to your Mac laptop or desktop is no big deal at all. But for this, you need to know the correct steps of configuration. Whether you need to add a single printer or you need to set up a complete hub, the steps for doing this are different according to the type of printer that you will be using.
Easy Steps For How to Add Printer to Mac
Without proper configurations, it’s never possible for you to complete the procedure and then you can quickly sum it up. But before that, know what type of printer you are using. Is it a wireless printer or a wired one? Without any further ado, let’s jump straight into the guide and discuss more on this.
How to Add a Printer to a Mac via WPS
Every wireless printer comes with a wifi module that allows you to quickly configure the device in the least possible time. To connect the printer or to turn on the wifi module, you will be provided with a wifi switch on the top of the printer. For Samsung tablets, you can also check out our guide on how to print from Samsung tablet easily.
Simply press the wps button on the top to enable the wifi configuration settings. However, the steps to configure this device may completely depend on the model and the maker of the printer you have. You can follow these steps mentioned below to know more. Also, if you are facing printer stuck on spooling, you should check out fix.
- Turn on the mac laptop and then you need to go to the top-left corner of the screen. Here, you will find the apple icon present. Simply tap on this icon.
- Once you tap on this icon, a drop down list of menu will be available. You need to tap on the system preferences to get to the next step. This will allow you to find all the active devices.
- Look for the available devices. If you do not find them popping up, you need to look for the printer and scanner menu. The exact location of this menu lies on the hardware section.
- Once you open up this icon, a new window will pop up on the screen. It’s obvious that your best printer for artwork is not added. To add this printer, you will have to tap on the (+) icon to allow you to connect. The Mac will automatically start scanning for the nearby available devices.
- Here, you will be able to find all the available printers in case you are about to create a hub with these best printers for school. You need to tap on to the printer that you would like to add first. Remember that it will be set as the default printer on your device.
- The next step is to install the printer software as per available. If you do not have the software, you will have to download the setup wizard from the internet. Simply tap on the wizard to follow the next steps and then install the software.
- Once this is done, you will be able to click on the add button. Now the printer is saved and the configuration is complete. Restart the Mac again to make sure that the settings are remembered by the PC.
How to Add a Printer to Mac via USB
Configuring the best 11×17 color laser printer with the UPS option is probably the easiest procedure. However, connecting it with USB means that you will not be able to use the networking capabilities of the printer even if you would love to.
To allow the check printing printers to be detected, you will have to download and then install the printer driver software at first before adding. Only then, the printer will be recognized and also put to work. Here are the steps to follow after this.
- Go to the apple icon on the left corner of the device. You can simply open it up by tapping on this. Once you open it, simply go to the system preferences menu. Again tap on this menu to open up the settings and configurations to move onto the next step.
- Once you tap on this menu, a new window will open up in front of you. Here you will be able to connect with more devices. Now, plug in the USB drive to the PC and then wait for a few seconds to detect this.
- You can now go to the printers and scanners options as available over here. If you have old mac software, you need to go to the hardware menu to find out the settings. Click on the print and scan option to add your good printer for cardstock.
- Here, you will be able to see the (+) sign available. Simply tap on this sign to open up a new window. You will be able to see all the devices that are currently active and ready to connect with the PC.
- Wait for the printer that you would want to connect with. Once it appears on this popup box, simply tap on this printer. You will have to go to the column for Kind to look for the default printer set. Make the necessary changes as your will require and move on.
- Once the configuration is complete, you will have to click on the add menu. This will allow the best sublimation printer for t shirts to be completely configured. You will now be able to open up the application and then use the printer according to your needs.
How to Add a Printer via IP Address
Adding the heat transfer printer via the IP address is another procedure that you can follow. Obviously you won’t need any USB drive to connect with the printer in such a scenario. However you must make sure that the printer is connected to the wireless network or with an ethernet cable. Only then you would be able to configure. Note down the IP address of the 3d printed cosplay armor for future reference. You can follow the steps mentioned over here.
- The first thing that you need to do is to find out the apple icon. It should be on the top left side of the Mac device. Simply tap on this and then go to the system preferences menu available. You will have to click on the find printers and scanners menu from here.
- Once you reach out in this step, click on the add sign. In some of the devices, it may be present as the (+) sign. Now, a new tab will open up about it won’t show you any active devices. Look at the top to find out the ip icon. Tap on this icon now.
- Here, you will have to enter the ip address of the printer. Once you are done, tap on the add button at the bottom of this window to save this printer. Exit the page and the configuration is now complete. You can save the page for future use.
Configuration is the key to keep your device safe and ready to use. If you do not know the steps, you won’t be able to configure the printer all by yourself. It’s important that you follow these instructions properly so that you can keep the printer added and not reconfigure every time you disconnect with the MAC laptop.
Know which type of printer you will have to configure and you can quickly follow the steps as per the directions mentioned above. Also, check out our review of these sticker printers.