Common Printer Issues
Some users have experienced an inability to print even when their printer is connected to a computer via USB. If you come across the issue, then try the things mentioned below to resolve it.
- If the printer is hooked up to a PC via USB and you are still unable to print, then check the printer’s LCD display for any error messages.
- In case the device is connected via USB, you cannot print, and you see no other errors on the printer’s panel, then:
- Verify that it is configured as the default printer or it is the chosen device in order to be printed to in the operating system or program.
- Verify that the PC that has the issue is the one connected to the device.
- Disconnect any devices connected amid the printer and PC such as a USB hub.
- Reseat the cable that connects the printer and system by unplugging both ends, then plugging them back in.
- Check for the pop-up message saying Found New Hardware on your Windows computer.
Note that if the printer works on an alternative USB port, get in touch with the technical support team of your computer manufacturer.
- In case the above-mentioned pop-up message is not displayed in Windows, try using a distinct USB port on the system and check again.
- If the same message is not shown on the PC, even when connected to a different USB port, then try using another USB cable that is working and check once more.
- Also, check by connecting the device via USB to a different computer.
- In case that fails to fix the issue, then fully get rid of or uninstall the driver of the printer from Windows.
- Click on the Start button, and select Devices and Printers from the Start The Devices and Printers window opens next on your computer.
- Right-click on the respective Printer icon shown there, and select Remove device from the shortcut or context menu that appears
- In case you are not able to remove the printer driver from the OS, then double-click on the same icon of the device. This brings up the print queue, the list where print jobs are enqueued before they are processed for print. Get rid of anything that you see in the print queue.
- Once it is cleared, try removing the device once more. After it is fully removed, restart the system.
- Now install the printer driver again from the setup disc by following the instructions on the screen. In case you do not have the disc supplied with it at the time of purchase, then visit your printer manufacturer website and download the latest driver of your specific printer model.
- In Devices and Printers, click on the Add Printer This brings up the Add Printer pop up box.
- In it, select the Add a local printer
- Click on the Use an existing port radio button, click on the drop-down menu next to it and choose USB001 (Virtual Printer Port for USB). Note that may be many USB ports appear depending upon the devices installed in Windows. You have to select the appropriate port – begin with the lowest virtual port number and install. If it fails, then try a different USB virtual port.
- Click on the Have Disk The operating system will suggest it is to install the driver from a setup disc, but since you do not have it, you have to browse through to the downloaded location of it.
- In the Install From Disk pop up, click on Browse…
- Browse through to your driver file location on the system. Also, make ensure that you select the driver for Windows 32 or 64 bit according to the OS specification.
- Select the driver’s file and click on Open. Hit the OK button upon prompt.
- Add the printer name in case you would want to change it and proceed.
- Select Do not share this printer, and click on the Next button to proceed.
- It has to be Set as the default printer by clicking on the respective checkbox, and click on the Print Test Page
- In case the test page is printed, then the issue is fixed. If it does not print, then repeat the install process choosing the next or different USB virtual port.
- In case it still does not print, then reset the device to factory default by resetting NVRAM or printer memory. Then, go through the setup process again.
In case you have tried all USB virtual ports and you still are not able to print, then get in touch with our printer service professionals through the toll-free number for advanced troubleshooting.