Printer Spooler Error
This error code appears while launching the spooler or trying to install a printer driver in Windows PC. It occurs if the Windows files or dependency services of the spooler are faulty, and suggests that the OS could not start the spooler service on a local PC. Read on if you are wondering how to fix printer spooler error coded 1053.
Install Windows Updates
In case the error occurs after installing Windows Updates, the spooler files in the PC might have got replaced. So, install the update once more to fix the error.
- Click on Start, search for Check for updates, and open it. Again, click on the same link on the left column of Control Panel window that pops up.
- The list of available updates that appears next, select the checkboxes with the drivers you need to install.
- After that, click on OK to confirm the installation of system updates.
Steps to Follow
- Launch Run by pressing Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- In the next dialog box, key in services.msc and press Enter.
- In the list of Windows Services that pops up next, scroll down to and find Print Spooler and double-click on that to open its Properties.
- In the next dialog box, click on Log on tab and uncheck the selection in the checkbox under Long on as Once you have unselected Allow service to interact with desktop, click on Apply to confirm the same.
- Then, go to General and click on Start
Reregister the Print Spooler Files
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32. For that, enter the path on the address bar on the top of an open folder.
- In the System32 folder, search and find Spoolss.dll and spoolsv.exe.
- Right-click on spoolsv.exe and select Properties from the context menu.
- In the spoolsv.exe Properties dialog box, click on Security tab and Advanced button
- In the next window, find Owner tab and click on it.
- Click on Edit and choose Administrators from the new window that pops up. Click on Apply and OK for confirmation.
- After that, click on Change Permission button under the first Permissions tab that opens after clicking Security.
- Enter Everyone and click on OK
- Select all the checkboxes of Advanced Security settings for spoolsv.exe window and click on OK for confirmation.
- Repeat the exact steps for Spoolss.dll file. Then, restart print spooler or the system.
In case you want to know how to fix printer spooler error with different codes, get in touch with printer service professionals.