Common Printer Issues
Any computer problem that disrupts work is sure to get on your nerves. A printer spooler error is among the most annoying things you can come across when trying to print a document. You are left unable to print documents, and sometimes the screen shows a message saying: “Spooler subsystem app closed by data execution prevention”. Below are steps to take when the print spooler keeps stopping.
Solving a Printer Spooler Error Caused by Closed Subsystem App
- The first order of business is to fire up Task Manager. You can bring this up by right clicking on the taskbar, or simply pressing the Ctrl, Alt, and Del keys together. After it comes up, go to the Process tab and choose Select Columns. When a dialog comes up, select the box next to PID (Process Identifier). Hit OK to save changes.
- Go to the Start menu and choose Run. This will open up a command prompt window, where you need to type in net start spooler and hit Enter.
- Go back to the Task Manager and in the list of processes, find spoolsv.exe. This will show you the PID, which you should note down somewhere.
- Bring up another command prompt window and type in ntsd -p [enter PID here] -g –G and hit Enter.
- Wait for the process to finish, and after the prompt appears, type in ntdll!DbgBreakPoint:7c822583 cc int 3 0:001>
- The last line will show the name of the specific dll file, which is responsible for the problem, such as HpTcpMon.dll, for instance.
- If it is HpTcpMon.dll that you see, it means the problem is an old registry file that the new version cannot read. Manually remove the old data or simply rename the file by adding a letter at the end.
- Wait for some time and start up the print spooler. Go to the Start menu and choose Run. This will open up a command prompt window, where you need to type in net start spooler and hit Enter.
This should resolve your annoying printer spooler error. If you wish to avail assistance with similar or other printer issues, give us a call on 844-203-1916. Do not spend hours trying to figure out how to solve a strange problem when our certified experts can take care of it for you.